“This life therefore is not righteousness, but growth in righteousness, not health, but healing, not being but becoming, not rest but exercise. We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it, the process is not yet finished, but it is going on, this is not the end, but it is the road. All does not yet gleam in glory, but all is being purified.”
― Martin Luther
25 Lessons learnt as I clock 25!
- I am first a Christian before I am anything else…
- All my experiences, good or bad served to bring me to where I am today.
- There’s an appointed time for everything, you don’t have to rush what God has ordained so stop struggling with God’s timing, it’s perfect.
- Don’t fear or resent the waiting periods in your life. Embrace them…a lot can be achieved while waiting, make sure to invest in yourself not just being idle. I’ve recorded the most level of personal development and growth during these so-called waiting periods.
- God didn’t create us to live someone else’s life, He gave us each our own mission, and He’s gifted us uniquely for it. Don’t envy…Stay in your own lane!
- Love suffers long (is patient)…doesn’t easily give up. There is a persistence to love, even in tough times. It doesn’t just quit or give up…it lasts long…always perseveres remaining steadfast.
- God takes us through certain routes to let us grow and to stretch us…It’s intentional. GROW THROUGH ALL THAT YOU GO THROUGH. Every single season we go through has a reason, focus on that reason and allow it become an agent of growth…not an agent of stagnancy.
- People will always have their opinions. There will always be naysayers, you have to learn to tune out, even if it means cutting off some people. You need to hear the right things.
- Your level of life is determined by your level of faith. Whenever circumstances stimulate you to deepen your faith, don’t resist them; instead embrace them willingly.
- Always listen to that specific instruction from God. No matter how long we avoid Gods instruction, it is still there for us to deal with when we stop running.
- Mentors are elevators. Seek to connect with them. It must not be physically. Read their books/materials; online or offline.
- The arm of flesh will fail you. This life is not by gragra; Not by power, nor by might, but by His spirit.
- God wants us to have peace about where we are on our way to where we are going. I realize I won’t always stay the way I am. Anyone seeking God is continually/ regularly growing.
- Happiness is something you decide ahead of time. It is a choice
- When people fail us, Our God does not, nor does His kindness depart from us. For whom God loves He loves till the end.
- Never box God up….don’t force Him into your own script. He won’t fit. Don’t always think that what God wants to do in your life will come in a particular pattern. Be open.
- Stepping into the unknown can be scary, costly, painful…but it will put you in the position of trusting God like never before. Constantly and consciously surrender to God to takeover.
- With God, it’s not who you were that matters, but who you’re becoming. Our past does not determine our future
- The world needs what I have…the world is waiting for my manifestation. God wants us to be fruitful, bearing the right fruits. John 15:7
- Even through trials and tribulations, when you just can’t figure things out, one thing stands sure; the Love of God towards me. His Love is everything! So, no matter what, I’ll stand
- Life is not all about me! God brought us for His own agenda, this is the way God works, He ‘does’ in you and then He does through you…then you have capacity beyond your ability. He doesn’t help you do…He ‘does’ in you and through you…
- Relationships can make or mar you…MAKE THE RIGHT CONNECTIONS. He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm. – provers 13:20
- Serving God pays/works
- Its fulfilling when you marry someone who pushes you to be the best possible version of you…loving you, supporting you, helping you grow…and cheering you on all the way.
- My worth is not measured by my talent, degree, money or success, but by the fact that I was created in the image of God! My life is worthwile because God created it
BONUS***: Knowledge is key. NEVER STOP LEARNING